Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion Elm tree's?
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old Apr 24, 2008, 11:23 am   #1
RachieBolthouse
Name: Rachie
Southern, Michigan USA

Elm tree's?

I have been looking high and low for some elm trees in west Michigan (ottawa co.) and i have had no luck! Do elm trees grow in my area? I've been all over on state land and the local parks. Please let me know if you have seen elms in my area or know if they grow around hear. Thank you. Also are poplar and big tooth aspens the same tree?
Old Apr 24, 2008, 12:57 pm   #2
ross
Name: ross
Central, Michigan USA
spring lake

tons of elm trees in the country areas around you along the farms. nunica, robinson, zeeland all have many. I don't however know where to find them in parks around here except for the stray that I've seen.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 1:11 pm   #3
RachieBolthouse
Name: Rachie
Southern, Michigan USA

Really i was out in robinson today looking for some but all i could find are oak trees every where, lots of maple and tons of beech trees. I'm not 100% sure what elms look like around here. I have done some research on the internet and found lots of pictures of the leaves (not many good pics of the bark) so ive been looking on the ground for last years leaves under the trees to compare them. I keep getting tricked by the beech tree leaves(single toothed not double) lol. Maybe ill do a little more reseaching before going back out. Thank you very much.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 1:17 pm   #4
picker
Name: Roger
Southern, Michigan USA
Redford

Check out "you tube" type in morels and surf around a little and you will find a video of a guy showing you what elms look like. Hope you find what your looking for.