Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests Thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU!

Old May 13, 2008, 5:05 pm   #1
Bachflock
Name: Vance
Central, Michigan USA
Roscommon

Thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU!

Thanks, everyone, for your prayers. As you may recall I've been praying about God's will in a job I applied for. I've been praying that God don't allow me to receive a job offer if it isn't his will that we move AND if there isn't a church in that area that would honor him and feed myself and my family spiritually. Well...

We WILL BE moving as I have been offered the job! AMEN! It is still in the "tenative" stage pending I pass a physical and background check. I am more physically fit than I've even been since starting running in '06 and I don't believe I've ever been arrested. So, unless God chooses to close the door at some point in the near future then we'll be moving in the next few months. I'd been praying all along that God don't even let me have the job offer if it isn't His will so in faith I believe he wants us to move. It went like this today:

I visited the dispatch center last Friday and today called the director to thank her for letting me set in and observe. She said "...how'd you know I was thinking about you?!" She went on to explain how she wasn't happy with the way human resources were dragging their feet and had really been thinking things through. She decided to skip the rest of the normal testing process and, pending I pass the background check and a physical, I will have the job! I've been in the same field of work for 14 years and love my job so I'm sure that factored into her decision. I'm elated, excited, and scared all at the same time.

Next, we visited a church in the Fife Lake area and very much like it. It was very much like our present church - a bit smaller but that's not really what's important. I was very encouraged to find this church and this was BEFORE the news today!

So, thanks for your prayers so far and keep on praying that God takes care of all the details for us. Thanks!

vjs
The best lessons are those learned before you wish you had known better, especially when thinking edible mushrooms.
Old May 13, 2008, 5:41 pm   #2
Paullee
Name: Paul
Central, Michigan USA

thank You! That brings a smile to my face. Hope it all comes together
Old May 13, 2008, 6:58 pm   #3
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Vance Congrats on the pending job! That sounds just wonderful, we are happy for you all. It sounds may be a very nice church for you as well, sometimes smaller is better.

Debbie

Happy Morel Dreams!
Old May 14, 2008, 11:12 am   #4
RedWing1
Name: Brandt
Southern, Michigan USA
Barry County

Congrats!!! Fife Lake....Isn't that near Traverse City? I have some friends that live up there, and I believe I remember seeing that sign off of 131 or 31 or something.

Congrats again!!!

Brandt

Just when you think you aren't going to find any morels, something pushes you to climb that next hill. And once you get over that hill, guess what you find? That's right. NOTHING!
-Me explaining to my in-laws about morel hunting
Old May 16, 2008, 11:30 am   #5
Bachflock
Name: Vance
Central, Michigan USA
Roscommon

.:
Originally posted by RedWing1
Congrats!!! Fife Lake....Isn't that near Traverse City? I have some friends that live up there, and I believe I remember seeing that sign off of 131 or 31 or something.

Congrats again!!!
Yup... eastern Grand Traverse County right off 131.

vjs
The best lessons are those learned before you wish you had known better, especially when thinking edible mushrooms.