Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests Calling on my friends again.

Old May 23, 2008, 8:48 am   #1
RedWing1
Name: Brandt
Southern, Michigan USA
Barry County

Calling on my friends again.

Well, now I will have to use this section of the forums for a second time. It's never good when you have to use this, but it's great knowing there are so many friends that I can count on in a time like this. My wife's mother called last night to let us know that Brenda's cousin, was going in for brain surgery this morning. Apparently he has been experiencing headaches for the last couple weeks, and then on Tuesday he was overcome with such a dizzy spell, he went right to emergency. They did a CT Scan and found the tumor. It is right at the base of his brain where the spinal cord meets with the brain. It does not appear to be cancerous, which is GREAT! Of course, they won't know for sure until after the operation. But, where the tumor is, there are a number of risks. His speech could be lost or affected. He could lose motor skills, or even be paralyzed. And just to add to the whole scene, about five years ago, his brother died of sleep apnea at the age of 32, leaving behind his wife and two young children. This is Brenda's, Uncle's only other son, and it is a very tough time for him, and the rest of us. We should have information as the day goes on. I will be sure to update everyone. Thank you, my friends in advance.

Brandt

Just when you think you aren't going to find any morels, something pushes you to climb that next hill. And once you get over that hill, guess what you find? That's right. NOTHING!
-Me explaining to my in-laws about morel hunting
Old May 23, 2008, 10:14 am   #2
tom.c
Name: tom
Southern, Ohio usa

our thoughts and prayers are with the family.tom c.
Old May 23, 2008, 1:27 pm   #3
Timsaquatics
Name: Tim
Central, Michigan usa
Belmont

May god lend his guidance in your time of need..prayers have been sent to you....Tim
Old May 23, 2008, 1:50 pm   #4
reliablefleet
Name: Becky
Southern, Michigan usa

Thoughts and prayers, Becky
Old May 23, 2008, 4:46 pm   #5
RedWing1
Southern, Michigan USA
Barry County

Well, here is an update. I got the call from my wife at about 2pm. Her cousin made it through surgery just fine. There is no ill effects from the surgery that are brain related, and the doctors feel that they have removed 100% of the tumor. Unfortunately, the doctors have classified it as a "high grade tumor" and it is believed to be cancerous. Now it's just a matter to find if the cancer has spread anywhere else. Thank you everyone for your prayers. With your help, and God's will, he has made it through the first step. It is amazing what having friends like the people here can do for you. I teared up a little reading the thoughts and prayers. Thank you again from me, Brenda, and her whole family.

Brandt

Just when you think you aren't going to find any morels, something pushes you to climb that next hill. And once you get over that hill, guess what you find? That's right. NOTHING!
Old May 23, 2008, 6:26 pm   #6
Bachflock
Name: Vance
Central, Michigan USA
Roscommon

Wow... prayers going out.

NEVER be afraid to drop in here! Never be ashamed either! Its a GREAT thing to be willing to share and know people will be raising things in prayer for you!

vjs
The best lessons are those learned before you wish you had known better, especially when thinking edible mushrooms.
Old May 23, 2008, 6:38 pm   #7
miker
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

Brandt, got your family and wife's cousin covered on my end,mike

I've been accused of the things, I've said
Old May 23, 2008, 7:22 pm   #8
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Brandt, I have put your family in my prayers, hoping for the best for your cousin. So far God has done His work with your cousin, may the worst fear of cancer be only a fear, not reality.

Debbie
Old May 24, 2008, 4:06 am   #9
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Brandt. You have family here that CARES enough to pray.
Please let him know that many, many are praying.

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:37 am   #10
RedWing1
Southern, Michigan USA
Barry County

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. They mean a lot! Brenda's cousin is recovering VERY well, and he was released after just five days after the operation. He is going to have to go back for treatments in hopes that it will prevent the development or spread of anything else. I really haven't posted anything, because as of now, there hasn't been any real change in his status. I guess the old "no news is good news" is true here! Thank you again, everyone!

Brandt