Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Share your Photo's here > Other Type Mushroom photo's Mushroom Everywhere
Other Type Mushroom photo's Post only if your'e sure which mushroom it is.

Old Aug 5, 2008, 1:04 pm   #1
tkcenterline
Name: Ted
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

Mushroom Everywhere

I went out on today 8-4-08 woods where full.

Take time to feel the ground below your feet and stay connected to the Earth. Remember, If you eat the wrong mushroom, you'll be part of the earth, in lieu of connected to the earth. Ted

Last edited by tkcenterline; Oct 8, 2008 at 8:49 pm.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 1:44 pm   #2
tkcenterline
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

Re: Mushroom Everywhere

I believe So. They didnt smell, had white milk and spore print was white? Here's more Pics

Take time to feel the ground below your feet and stay connected to the Earth. Remember, If you eat the wrong mushroom, you'll be part of the earth, in lieu of connected to the earth. Ted

Old Aug 5, 2008, 1:58 pm   #3
tkcenterline
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

and more

Old Aug 5, 2008, 2:06 pm   #4
tkcenterline
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

some differant ones too
Attached Thumbnails - Click for larger view
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mushrooms find 8-4-08 013.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	4417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mushrooms find 8-4-08 023.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	4418   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mushrooms find 8-4-08 040.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	4419  

Old Aug 5, 2008, 5:25 pm   #5
tkcenterline
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

The woods was full of almost everything and every color. I can't believe what some rain did within two days. The top three of my posts where all the same, which look like the L. Hygrophoroides. Although, they were bigger in size, they still had the same traits. The last post I believe was 3 differant types of mushrooms. All were found in the deeper woods near moss and light. The left pic was a small white one and was very firm, fresh mushroom smell. The middle pic of the 3 had a big white cap, short stem, brused eazy and stained brown in the cap from touch (I broke a side piece off). You can see the stem, gills and top of the cap and stain in the pic. I had more pics of each. But, the computer was so slow in uploading, I had to stop. Anyway I had a good day.

Old Aug 5, 2008, 11:04 pm   #6
tkcenterline
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

Roosevelt. I thought so too. These were bigger and not all of them gave off milk when touched. New new pick came from the same general area near moss. But they came from a total differant forest then the last ones. I think the others where more of a convex cap with more of a velvet apricot color and these are more funnel type having a more dull orange. Maybe because these where bigger and more developed. From the ref book they look very much like the same ones I picked before L. hygrophproides. Plus the spore print was white. Also I want to note that some of the ones I didnt take (fig to old) and no pictures had a white angel like hair fungus at the base of stem.

Hazel, we got a down pour in a burst maybe a couple of inches in a minute. It flooded most of the streets. Yes Homer Glen is a Southwest sub of Chicago (45 miles away). It use to be out in the boonies, but with the new expressway 355 built, it not so private any longer. I dont mind Hazel I am easy. NO MORE REPS NOW GENERAL= PRIVATE. Whos My leader??? I am lost now. Hazel guess what: I am the new 5 star General Yes trust me It's me General TED!!! As the new General I proclaim you can only use 99-9990/9999% perfit that's it.

Old Aug 5, 2008, 11:23 pm   #7
tkcenterline
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

That's sir yes sir!!

Old Aug 6, 2008, 9:01 am   #8
tkcenterline
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

I am with you guys and Thanks. These maybe just a little differant then the first. The others I left behind had some white felt at the base and some of the white felt even took over the stem and cap. I fig they where old old ones. These might be Clitocybe geotropa, not as tall? Yes hazel, the bottoms would just break off at ground level. but some would twist and pull out with a point (see below). But they still had ground cover left on them (also see below).This is the top and side view of one that did not give milk?? Tossing them out today from frig. Roosevelt I believe I have photobucket. Is that an easier way to post. Also how do I get rid of some of my older posts attachments for more space?? PS look at the post: "A Few Shots Lately" by Ohio transplant. The yellow mushroom with the white felt at the bottom was the same white felt on most of the ones I found and left behind. In some case, the felt took over the whole mushroom.
Attached Thumbnails - Click for larger view
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mushrooms find 8-4-08 033.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	4428   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mushrooms find 8-4-08 035.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	4429  

Last edited by tkcenterline; Aug 6, 2008 at 2:40 pm.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 2:32 pm   #9
ahistory
Name: Stan
Central, Missouri USA
Columbia

Hey Ted, I was looking at the first three photos in this post and those look like what we call the "pie-crust" milky or L. subplinthogalus. It is the only lactarius around here that has that wavy fluted edging.
Don't let the pie-crust name fool you. It isn't edible. I am not sure if it is poisonous, but you don't want to eat it, far too bitter. Chew on a small piece next time you find it, but be ready to spit it out fast. :P
Those last two photos look like they could be younger versions of L. subplinthogalus as well.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 2:56 pm   #10
tkcenterline
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

Stan, I tasted a couple of them including the wavy one. Just a small bit of each. I didnt shallow and I raised out each time. But, all are not bitter at all. Actually, they taste very plain (no mushroom flavor), not strong at all but mild. They all taste the same and are much like the earlier hygros. Now note, they have been soaking in ice water in the frig for a day plus. At this point, I am tossing them. Now that you say it, they looked like pie crust. They were neat to look at with the sun hitting them just right and very fresh.