Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests Wichita, Jeff's dad...

Old Aug 25, 2008, 9:32 pm   #1
Tammy
Name: Tammy
Northern, Michigan USA
Twin Lake

Wichita, Jeff's dad...

Well, this is a post I had prayed would never have to happen. Jeff's dad has been battling cancer for a year now. It started in his larynx, so they did six months of chemo, then three months of radiation, which seemed to have taken care of the initial tumor.

They did another MRI and CT scan, and found two more tumors in his throat/neck. He's been to the doctors at U of M, and they have no good news. Prognosis is very grim, with only a matter of months as the time left. The tumors are strangling the main artery into the brain, and are very aggressive, so they say that the end will come quickly and that he won't suffer in pain for long. They have him on liquid morphine and he has very little appetite...when he does eat, his throat gets very sore. He lost so much weight that it's hard to see him...6'4' and only weighs 145 now.

He's still able to get around, and he lives alone for now, but I'm sure that will change very soon. He lives in Luther, which is 1 1/2 hrs. from here, so we're only able to see him on weekends, but have tried to convince him to come and stay with us. Pride is saying no for now, but he's entitled to that.

Please pray for "Wichita", that he will not suffer, but mostly that he will come to know our gracious and merciful God before his passing. That, friends, is the scariest part of this whole thing...he is a non-believer at this point, even after God blessed us with a cancer-free Jeff...

And say a prayer for Jeff, if you would. He's had a hard couple years. For those of you who know us well, you know that this is three generations of men with cancer diagnosis in 8 months time. And then, amongst all of that, Jeff's mom passed last October at 59 of a massive heart attack. I pray for Jeff's faith to stay strong, and for God to comfort him in the ways that I can't...

Thanks, all...I know the power of prayer, and I know the strength of our Prayer Warriors on this board!!
Old Aug 25, 2008, 9:50 pm   #2
Happy Trails
Name: George
Southern, Michigan USA

Re: Wichita, Jeff's dad...

Tammy,

Thank you for sharing and I can feel your pain in your words. I will be praying for your requests and throw a little in there for you as well. God bless you and yours during these hard times.

George

Eat Dessert First, Life Is Short!
Old Aug 26, 2008, 12:16 am   #3
shroomer71
Name: Carla
Central, Michigan usa

Jeff & Tammy My thoughts & prayers go out to all of your family. ((Hugs)) to you, Carla & Butch

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about dancing in the rain...
Old Aug 26, 2008, 1:01 am   #4
Judy
Name: Judy
Central, Michigan USA
St. Johns

Smile Re: Wichita, Jeff's dad...

Jeff and Tammy, my heart goes out to you and the battles you have fought and are still fighting. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there. Judy
Old Aug 26, 2008, 6:01 am   #5
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Tammy please let Wichita know that he is in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully he will turn to God before his final rest. I am praying for you and Jeff as well. It has been a hard couple years on all of you. Stay strong at heart, I know Jeff relies on you for that. Wish there was more I could say or do, but all I have is the offering of my love and prayers.

Debbie
Old Aug 26, 2008, 7:59 am   #6
birrdybrad
Name: Brad
Central, Michigan usa
Lowell

Right by your side here Tammy,and Jeff. You'll be in my prayers to come.

Sorry about your news. May Gods Speed be with you.

Brad
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:55 am   #7
tkcenterline
Name: Ted
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

God's hand be with you all and give you peace and healing during this time. In faith of the Lord, we trust. God Bless.

Take time to feel the ground below your feet and stay connected to the Earth. Remember, If you eat the wrong mushroom, you'll be part of the earth, in lieu of connected to the earth. Ted
Old Aug 26, 2008, 10:10 am   #8
RedWing1
Name: Brandt
Southern, Michigan USA
Barry County

Prayers coming from Brenda and I, Tammy.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 11:20 am   #9
reliablefleet
Name: Becky
Southern, Michigan usa

God bless you and your family.
Becky
Old Aug 26, 2008, 6:35 pm   #10
richland49083
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA
S.W. Michigan

Tammy, already sent prayers your way. Sounds like a very difficult path ahead for all of you. Will keep prayin for you, Jeff, and dad. Keep your faith strong and try to remember that there are lots of good people in this world - don't be afraid to ask for help! Even people you've never met will be willing to _ at the very least_ pray to God to help you and your family.

Mike