Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion I"m back!!!!
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old Sep 21, 2008, 3:13 pm   #1
tkcenterline
Name: Ted
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

I"m back!!!!

HI everyone:
I'm back from my Canada fishing trip!! We had a great time in the far North woods near Red Lake on lake Lac Suel, Ear Falls, Canada. We got to see moose, bear, eagles, deer and a huge timber wolf.
My wife and I caught our limits and more in wallyeyes and northerns. It was the best fishing trip that I have ever had. We released hundreds of walleyes in the 20" class. My wife's biggest walleye was 21 1/2" and my biggest northern was 37"-all released. Yes, she out fished me, while reading her book in the boat.
The weather was great. It was sunny and cold- low 50 and 40 at night. it was sweat shirt and heater weather. Folks, winter is on its way.
We had a walleye fish fry every night with potates, beans and salids. We met and shared meals with some great people at the camp. Some of the folks have been coming up there fishing the same area for years. They where kind enough to showed me some great fishing spots.
Even with passports, We did get stopped at the border on the way into Canada and they seached the camper and boat. The US stopped us, asked alot of questions and let us pass right in without a search.
Gas was the only killer. At one place in Canada, I paid $100.00 US for a 1/2 tank of gas. The Canadian dollar and ours are about at the same right of exchange. The USA gas pricing increase, lack of travel and drop in housing (lumber mills) has really hurt Canada's cash flow, as it has hurt ours!!
Nevertheless, once we where in the back country, fishing around the islands and having shore lunch, all of the problems left and we still had a great time. Trust me, it doesn't get any better then that!!!
So how was the Pick Nik and how is mushroom hunting been? I heard we had rain that didnt stop for days!!!

It's Good to be Back.

Take time to feel the ground below your feet and stay connected to the Earth. Remember, If you eat the wrong mushroom, you'll be part of the earth, in lieu of connected to the earth. Ted
Old Sep 21, 2008, 4:22 pm   #2
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Re: I"m back!!!!

Welcome back, it sure sounds like you had a great trip!

Happy Morel Dreams!
Old Sep 21, 2008, 7:01 pm   #3
Justapickin
Name: Gary
Northern, Michigan USA

Sounds like an awesome trip Ted,glad you had a great time...a true adventure...
Old Sep 22, 2008, 5:35 pm   #4
tkcenterline
Name: Ted
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

Thanks!! We had a great time and we just love to be in the wilderness and to have some walleye dinners from Canada. I do have pics and I will try to post some. With all of the rain here, I am looking forward to getting out in the woods this week end. Hope I can find some honeys or hens!!!

Take time to feel the ground below your feet and stay connected to the Earth. Remember, If you eat the wrong mushroom, you'll be part of the earth, in lieu of connected to the earth. Ted