Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Open Discussion Venison and wild mushroom MMMMM
Open Discussion Keep it friendly and pleasant.

Old Nov 15, 2008, 8:49 pm   #1
tkcenterline
Name: Ted
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

Venison and wild mushroom MMMMM

Everyone was gone tonight and I was a lone wolf. So I make myself a special dinner. One dinner that is just for me!! I took a venison steak, seasoned it and dusted it with alittle flower. I pan fried the steak in some butter, until it was just golden browned and juicy on the inside. I took out some of my wild "honey" mushrooms, onions and butter and warmed them up in a pan. I added a baked potato with some sour cream and chives. I added some boiled and then oven roasted brussel sprouts. I smothered the steak with the mushrooms/onion gravy. All I can say is where is my channel changer and couch!!! I know now why I love going into the woods looking for them awsome mushrooms. It's for times like this. Amen

Take time to feel the ground below your feet and stay connected to the Earth. Remember, If you eat the wrong mushroom, you'll be part of the earth, in lieu of connected to the earth. Ted
Old Nov 16, 2008, 3:09 am   #2
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Re: Venison and wild mushroom MMMMM

Sounds like a great evening dinner for one Ted. LOL

It does tend to slow down in here during the deer season.

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Nov 16, 2008, 5:53 pm   #3
tkcenterline
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

Frank, it was good. I am still thinking about it the next day...

Take time to feel the ground below your feet and stay connected to the Earth. Remember, If you eat the wrong mushroom, you'll be part of the earth, in lieu of connected to the earth. Ted
Old Nov 18, 2008, 8:11 am   #4
birrdybrad
Name: Brad
Central, Michigan usa
Lowell

Is'nt it funny how we spoil ourselves when were alone. I do the same.
Brad
Old Nov 18, 2008, 9:32 am   #5
tkcenterline
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

Yep Brad, It's something you just got to do!!!!!

Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:34 pm   #6
whitebeard
Name: Jim
Southern, Ontario Canada
London

Amen, brother, that is what I enjoy on a saturday afternoon when my wife is at work. A good steak, smothered in mushrooms, a bottle of wine and the Saturday afternoon opera from the Met. on the radio.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 3:50 am   #7
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

I remember the last time I did that special dinner for myself thing.

Deb had some stomach surgery and was fairly well on the road to recovery, and went along with the other gals from her pool league. At the end of the tourneys, her team always went away for two nites and days. No husbands or boyfriends allowed. LOL

So on Saturday afternoon I had some morels fried up had just taken my porterhouse steak off the grill, along with some grilled garlic bread and veggies.
I sat down to eat my sumptious dinner.
And before I got the 1st bite, the phone rang.

It was Cindy!
A friend of ours, and one of the girls on Debbies team, calling to tell me that they had to take Debbie to the hospital in Mt. Pleasant and that I'd better drive down from Gaylord, because the doctor was talking about opening her up again. So much for my steak pampered self indulging afternoon. LOL

Good ending to this story tho.

I got to the hospital, and Sure enough Debbie was in emense stomach pain. She described it to me and I told her it may be food poisoning. She told me the doc said it wasn't, that he thought something had broken loose inside from the past surgery.

I asked to see a different doctor, and in a huff that 1st doc left.
Another doc came in a few minutes, and Deb related her day and when the surgery was. (about 3 weeks before). He listened to both of us, then examined her. Gas, he proclaimed, possibly from her lunch earlier.
Gave her something heavy duty for it, and told her to just lie there for an hour.

I don't know what he gave her, but it SURE done the trick in a hurry! I never heard so much belching and other explosions from my wife.

Two hours later she was back with her friends for the remaining girls only weekend.

We both were glad that the second doc was on duty that night, and had some common sense.

Ever since then I always get a little nervous, when I start thinking about treating myself to a special dinner without her.

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:26 am   #8
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

You DIDN'T have to tell ALL the details Darling! It was misery for sure, whatever caused it was from the food I'd eaten. He did stay overnight there at the hotel (seperate room of course) lol Thanks for coming to the resue and sorry about that dinner thing. :)

Happy Morel Dreams!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 8:36 pm   #9
birrdybrad
Name: Brad
Central, Michigan usa
Lowell

Truly the best story Iv'e read in a long time....LOL
Old Nov 21, 2008, 12:58 am   #10
tkcenterline
Northern, Illinois usa
Homer Glen, IL

I say it's good thing you asked for a second opinion!! A couple of years ago, my wife and I went to a get away at a resort in Wisc for our anniversary. We ate good rich food, if you know what I mean. While driving home, on the way back, I got a terrible pain in my side and chest. I thought I was having a heart attack. We drove straight to the hospital. After tests, the local Doctor on call said I was having a gall blatter attack and needed my gall blatter removed ASAP. So they scheduled me for surgery the next morning at 5:00 am. However, within the hour I passed gas and I was fine. During that whole day, I told the nurses and the other doctors on call I was find. No one would listen to me. The next morning the surgen came in and said " Are you ready". I told him I am find with no pain and felt great. He push around on my belly and checked my chart and said you're fine you can go home. Now get this from 5:00 in the morning to 7:00 in the evening I was finally released. They had to get a release from the orginal doctor who addmitted me. He never answered his pages. I felt he want to get paid for another visit while he did his rounds. Thank god the surgen listened to me. Makes you wonder!!!

Tags
venison, wild game