Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests My nephew.

Old Jan 31, 2009, 3:37 am   #1
RedWing1
Name: Brandt
Southern, Michigan USA
Barry County

My nephew.

Hello, my extended family. I call again upon my friends to raise a prayer for my family. My sister and brother-in-law gave birth to twins on Wednesday night. There was a boy and a girl. The boy weighed 6lbs 5ozs at birth and the girl weighed 5lbs 3ozs. At first all seemed to be fine. A little while after the birth it became evident that something was not quite right with the boy, Tyler. He was taken and found to be having difficulty breathing. He wasn't put on a respirator, but just given oxygen. On Thursday he was getting much better and was taken off the oxygen. However, then today(Friday) it was discovered his digestive system is not how it's supposed to be. He is not digesting any formula that was given to him in a feeding tube. It is hoped that his digestive system is just not completely formed yet, and in the next couple days everything will work itself out. However there is an alternative that there is something more drastically wrong. It is so hard to look at the little guy and not be able to hold him and comfort him. It's even harder for me to watch my sister and brother-in-law long to hold their baby and not be able to. Please keep little Tyler in your thoughts over the next few days. Thank you everyone.

Brandt

Just when you think you aren't going to find any morels, something pushes you to climb that next hill. And once you get over that hill, guess what you find? That's right. NOTHING!
-Me explaining to my in-laws about morel hunting
Old Jan 31, 2009, 3:40 am   #2
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Re: My nephew.

A baby's distress is so hard to handle. Even if it not your own.

Our prayers will be for those infants and their parents, as well as Uncle Brandt and other family members.

Frank

Some of the best people are found right here. - You!

Who owned the Michigan Morel Plates before I did? Click Here
Old Jan 31, 2009, 6:59 am   #3
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Brandt, my thoughts and prayers to all of you for the baby's to get better. It is so hard to see a newborn not being able to be cuddled. I pray he improves quickly so they can come home to Mom and Dad. Please keep us posted on them.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 8:21 am   #4
Happy Trails
Name: George
Southern, Michigan USA

Prayers are going up for the little guy and his family. Hopefully, things will get better very soon.

George

Eat Dessert First, Life Is Short!
Old Jan 31, 2009, 10:52 am   #5
tom.c
Name: tom
Southern, Ohio usa

thoughts and prayers from here.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 11:35 am   #6
miker
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

Prayers on the way, and God Bless infant and parents,mike

I've been accused of the things, I've said
Old Feb 1, 2009, 4:20 pm   #7
topdog377
Name: Craig
Southern, Ohio USA
Bainbridge

prayers on the way from Bainbridge,Ohio

Craig
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:06 am   #8
RedWing1
Southern, Michigan USA
Barry County

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It means a LOT! I haven't updated anything, because there really hasn't been an update I guess. Little Tyler is still in the hospital and they are going to run some more in depth tests today(Monday). Thank you everyone again, and I will keep everyone posted.

Brandt

Just when you think you aren't going to find any morels, something pushes you to climb that next hill. And once you get over that hill, guess what you find? That's right. NOTHING!
Old Feb 3, 2009, 5:08 pm   #9
luckyshroomer
Name: Brian
Southern, Michigan usa

Jon,
My wife and I will be praying for your Nephew (by name) and more prayers for him at our bible Study friday night.
God is the great healer and if operation is needed to correct, we will pray for God to guide the surgons hands.

luckyshroomer....Brian
Old Feb 7, 2009, 12:43 am   #10
RedWing1
Southern, Michigan USA
Barry County

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers! Little Tyler as of 11pm on Thursday night started digesting his food!!!!! I've never seen two parents as happy to see a poopy diaper as his were today!

They are going to continue to monitor him through the next couple days and after that, he should be able to go home! I've got pictures I will post soon.

Thank you again everyone. You all mean so much to me. I feel as if God has blessed me by guiding me to this site and my new family.

Brandt