Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests Tammy and Jeff....

Old Oct 26, 2005, 9:52 pm   #1
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Tammy and Jeff....

I just got this email from Tammy and Jeff. She didn't ask for me to post this, but I know how much God can all do with our prayers.

"Sorry to do this via email, but right now it's all I can do...

All five of us kids are here at Spectrum Health center in Grand Rapids with mom. She's in ICU right now, waiting for another CAT scan, then possibly more tests, depending on what that shows. She had a 'stroke' yesterday afternoon while grocery shopping. Or at least they're calling it a stroke at this point. There's bleeding in one of the ventricles in her brain, not sure where exactly or how much.

She hasn't really regained consciousness since they brought her in, but they're keeping her sedated for now until after the tests. Prognosis? Not sure right now. We'll know more in a few hours.

Please keep her in your prayers...she needs all she can get right now. All I can pray for at this point is that she doesn't suffer...
Will keep you informed as soon as I can..."

Tam and Jeff

Happy Morel Dreams!
Old Oct 26, 2005, 10:25 pm   #2
shroomer71
Name: Carla
Central, Michigan usa

tammy & jeff
you are definitly in my prayers & thoughts. your mom is in a great hospital my father was there in june due to a stoke, they took very good care of him & kept us very well informed on his condition. she is in good hands again im praying for your mom & your family thru this trying time

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about dancing in the rain...
Old Oct 27, 2005, 12:29 am   #3
shroom vaccuum
Name: Sue
Northern, Michigan usa
rc

So sorry for your troubles. Prayers are on the way. I wish the best outcome for all concerned.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 1:28 am   #4
miker
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

Tammy and Jeff, got you's and mom covered on my end,mike

I've been accused of the things, I've said
Old Oct 27, 2005, 2:01 am   #5
Frank
Host
Name: Frank
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Tammy and Jeff, you know how much we care, but I'll say it anyway.
Our prayers are with you.

Frank and Debbie
Old Oct 27, 2005, 10:40 am   #6
Ohio Transplant
Name: Rex
Southern, Ontario CA

sorry to hear this news Tammy, Jeff and family.......we'll be thinking of you here.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 1:26 am   #7
DGBAY
Name: Deborah
Northern, Indiana USA

Tammy,
So sorry to hear about your mom. I will keep her in my prayers... & Jeff and you and your family.

God Bless,
Deb
Old Oct 28, 2005, 10:10 pm   #8
Judy
Name: Judy
Central, Michigan USA
St. Johns

Tammy and Jeff, so sorry to hear about your mom, Tammy. My prayers are being sent your way for the whole family. Keep us informed. We had a good friend at that same hospital with a stroke in Sept. God Bless. Judy
Old Nov 2, 2005, 9:32 pm   #9
lindamay
Name: linda
Southern, Indiana USA

Prayers to you all.
Lindamay
Old Nov 6, 2005, 7:13 am   #10
Debbie
Hostess
Name: Debbie
Central, Michigan USA
Midland Co.

Heres an update from Tammy on her Mom.

Just a quick update...sorry I haven't been real good at keeping people posted...

Mom's medical condition is more stable now, so they've moved her to another room. She still has some major health concerns, so they're watching her pretty close. She's in the Neurological wing of the fourth floor. Her condition hasn't changed much from what it was Wed. and Thurs. as far as her mental status. She's talking, but not much, and she's very weak. The 'episode' she had Tues. night set her way back. The second stroke has done significant damage to her right side, so she's not moving much at all. (She already had lost her left side.)

She's got a very long road ahead of her, once her medical condition gets good enough to go to a rehabilitation hospital. They can't give us much of an idea of how much she'll come back after all she's been through, but she will have significant limitations. They can't, at this time, give us a lot of hope of her living on her own again, but we're putting it in God's hands...

The doctor has recommended that one of us continue to stay with her 24/7, so that there is a familiar face when she wakes up, so we'll continue to do like we've been doing. Thank goodness she had lots of kids!

Happy Morel Dreams!