Forum index  
Go Back   Michigan Morels index > Prayer Forum - Special Requests Ted Bottoms

Old Jan 11, 2006, 1:54 pm   #1
Ohio Transplant
Name: Rex
Southern, Ontario CA

Ted Bottoms

Don't know that name do you? Either did I until yesterday.
My wife and I had some business to conduct in downtown London, Ontario yesterday and as we were walking back to our car, we noticed a man jogging in front of us. He was quite elderly and my wife said it looked like he had, had a stroke. I said something like, well he sure is gettin it for a man his age. shorty, he tried to grab a tree and I immediately realized that this fellow wasn't running, but was stumbling.......he soon crashed to the sidewalk. He's drunk I said. We hurried up to where he had fell, as others walked by like he didn't exist. We helped him up, and I asked him if he'd been drinking. It was obvious immediately that he wasn't, because I didn't smell anything. He told me no. His face had a gash in it where he had fell, and his hands were cut up pretty bad. I realized that this man was in no shape to drive. I offered to drive his car to his home, while my wife followed in our car. He was trusting and readily accepted. We got him home within about 15 minutes, and during his conversation found that he had suffered 2 heart attacks and was just having a heart monitor installed.
We got him in the house, where Colleen washed his injuries, I found band-aids and we mended him up.
He mentioned his good friend Jake that lived behind him, so while I warmed him some vegetable soup I found in the freezer, my wife attempted to find Jakes phone number. Well, Jakes phone was busy for quite some time, and Ted insisted we have a coffee. So we fixed coffee and just sat with him and talked until she finally got a hold of Jake.
Jake came immediately and informed Colleen in the other room that Ted had just lost his wife in July, and had succombed to a diabetic coma 2 weeks ago. We had also got him his medications in one of those daily boxes.
Jake immediately asked Ted, who by this time was very forgettful and almost incoherant if he had takin his insulin shot. Of course he hadn't.
Jake called for an ambulance and we said our goodbyes and left.
Jake's final words to us were, "God bless you for this act"
I was pretty humbled, but figured that anyone would do just what we did. Then reality set in and all the evil scenerios came into play. What if someone in the wrong frame of mind had done and got into his home.......you know........those stupid thoughts.

Anyhow, I just wanted to give you a bit of insight as to who our new friend is.....

....and please say a little something for Mr. Ted Bottoms......

thank you
Old Jan 11, 2006, 5:05 pm   #2
Happy Trails
Name: George
Southern, Michigan USA

Prayers are being sent for Mr. Ted Bottoms. I feel good about knowing a "good samaritan" and I know Ted is very thankful for your wife and your compassion and actions. God bless you Rex and Colleen.

George

Eat Dessert First, Life Is Short!
Old Jan 11, 2006, 6:31 pm   #3
Judy
Name: Judy
Central, Michigan USA
St. Johns

Rex and Colleen, A job well done. How many people would do that in this day and age??? I am sure Ted is very thankful for your kind deeds. He will be in my thoughts and prayers. Judy
Old Jan 12, 2006, 12:12 am   #4
Ohio Transplant
Southern, Ontario CA

Thank you all, but our kindness was a no-brainer. I'm sure my friends here would have done the same thing.
What I hope to pass along in this thread, other than your thoughts for Ted, is please try and remember our elderly folks. I truly felt so sorry for him. If it weren't for his good friend Jake, he'd be totally lost. He has 2 children, both pursuing good careers in the medical field. One lives in Arizona.
He's alone. And as much as I appreciate solice, and peace, I hope to never be "alone"
Old Jan 12, 2006, 12:49 am   #5
shroom vaccuum
Name: Sue
Northern, Michigan usa
rc

A job well done Rex, now take the man out and teach him what you know about shrooms! distraction works wonders. This happened for a reason!
Old Jan 12, 2006, 1:56 am   #6
miker
Name: Mike
Southern, Michigan USA

Rex, got him covered on my end, mike

I've been accused of the things, I've said
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:08 am   #7
dbowhntr
Name: andy
Southern, Michigan usa

We need more people like you in this world.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 4:09 pm   #8
lindamay
Name: linda
Southern, Indiana USA

Prayers to Ted . May God be with him threw all this and get him back up on his feet again.
Lindamay
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:56 am   #9
shroomer71
Name: Carla
Central, Michigan usa

o.t. you & Colleen are truley good people.Mr. Bottems was a lucky man to come across you two & it's very sad but there are some very evil people out there who would have took advantage of a situation like that. god bless the 3 of you

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about dancing in the rain...
Old Jan 13, 2006, 1:00 am   #10
Ohio Transplant
Southern, Ontario CA

I talked to Jake today and Ted is doing great. He's up and around and doing fine for his 80 years. He had a serious low sugar attack that day, that almost resulted in another coma.
His daughter called us from Toronto today and talked to Colleen.
I'm going to talk to Ted tomorrow. I guess he is still driving according to Jake, although he's not supposed to.